- Originally printed: Life Magazine, July 15, 1920
- First reprinted in: Love Conquers All
- Original Byline: Robert C. Benchley
Reprinted in Love Conquers All as part of a diptych with E7 (“How Lillian Mosquito Projects Her Voice”), we embark on a little field trip to Old Mother Nature’s nursery, where anthropomorphic auditors gather each day for a series of seminars in mischief making. Georgie Dog relates with relish his best practices for doing one’s worst with sodden footwear. A perverse peek at the author’s proto-sitcom universe from the perspective of the kind of domestic chaos agent so apt to addle the Benchleyan Little Man’s intimations of harmony.
“And sure enough, in came Georgie Dog, wagging his entire torso in a paroxysm of camaraderie, even though everyone knew that he had no use for Waldo Lizard.”
- Title changed to “Animal Stories: Part I – Georgie Dog”
- Cartoon of Georgie not reprinted in Love Conquers All – not by Gluyas Williams